The ASC-CSA C61089 standard is a standard that specifies the electrical and mechanical characteristics of round core stranded overhead cables.
The standard was published by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) in 2011 and reaffirmed in 2020. It replaces the CAN/CSA-C61089 standard published in 2003.
The purpose of the ASC-CSA C61089 standard is to ensure good performance and reliability in the design, production, installation and use of circular core collective overhead cables. This standard applies to overhead cables with round core cores used in overhead power transmission and distribution systems.
ASC-CSA C61089 standard:
– Definitions of terms and symbols related to round-core stranded overhead cables
– Specifies the various types and specifications of round core collective overhead cables and the corresponding numbering methods
– Specifies the minimum cross-sectional area, maximum diameter, minimum mass, maximum DC resistance, minimum tensile strength and other parameters that must be met by various types and specifications of stranded core overhead cables
– It stipulates the minimum elastic modulus, maximum thermal corrosion coefficient, maximum temperature coefficient and other parameters that must be met by various types and specifications of stranded core overhead cables
– It stipulates the minimum weather resistance and corrosion resistance required for various types and specifications of stranded core overhead cables.