AAC is the abbreviation of All Aluminum Conductor, which is a bare wire without a sheath. AAC is made of pure aluminum or electrolytic aluminum, which has good electrical conductivity, corrosion resistance and lightness. AAC is widely used in transmission lines, distribution lines and overhead catenary, etc.
What is the AAC-GB/T 1179 standard?
The GB/T 1179 standard is a Chinese national standard, which stipulates the structure, size, technical requirements and test methods of all aluminum stranded wires, all aluminum alloy stranded wires and aluminum stranded steel core conductors. The standard was first published in 1983, revised in 1999, and revised again in 2017. The AAC-GB/T 1179 standard refers to the all-aluminum stranded wire produced according to this standard.
The characteristics and advantages of the AAC-GB/T 1179 standard are as follows:
– The AAC-GB/T 1179 standard adopts the internationally common section series, that is, each wire is composed of several monofilaments of the same diameter, and the diameter of the monofilaments increases by 2^(1/2n) times, where n is an integer. In this way, the appropriate wire specification can be easily selected to meet different transmission capacity and mechanical strength requirements.
– The AAC-GB/T 1179 standard stipulates that the minimum tensile strength of all aluminum stranded wires is 95 MPa, which is about 10% higher than the standards of other countries or regions. This increases the safety factor of the wire and reduces the risk of breakage.
– The AAC-GB/T 1179 standard stipulates the maximum DC resistance value of the all-aluminum stranded wire at 20°C and the maximum AC resistance value at 75°C. This can facilitate the calculation of the power loss and temperature rise of the conductor, and provide a reference for the design of transmission parameters.
– The AAC-GB/T 1179 standard stipulates that the all-aluminum stranded wire should have good flexibility at room temperature and be able to withstand a certain degree of bending. At the same time, it is also stipulated that the all-aluminum stranded wire should have good thermal stability at different temperatures and be able to withstand a certain degree of thermal cycle.
– The AAC-GB/T 1179 standard stipulates that the all-aluminum stranded wire should meet the environmental protection requirements and not contain harmful substances to the human body or the environment.
AAC is an economical, practical, safe, reliable, and environmentally friendly bare wire product. The AAC-GB/T 1179 standard is an authoritative and advanced